Re: [Help] Linux low level data structures < - > FreeBSD low level data structures

From: blubee blubeeme <gurenchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 00:44:32 +0800
@Hans
I've noticed these things about Linux. A  lot of stuff relies on knowing
the internals of the data structures instead of working with the API but I
don't want to start all that stuff up.

The goal is to lift up FreeBSD w/o tearing down Linux and as u know needing
to be glued to the Linux data structures, while they always seem to be in
flux is one reason why I want to steer clear from the linuxkpi stuff.

I cam across the webcamd thing a while ago, it was written when Linux was
not moving so fast if I remember correctly. This is a big challenge but I
think once it's up and running it will bring some additional resources to
FreeBSD that can bring the desktop world up to snuff with it's server
acumen.

Thanks for the tips though!

Best,
Owen