Re: post ino64: lockd no runs?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 22:33:02 +0000
Just fyi, rpc.lockd isn't NFS. It is a separate protocol Sun called NLM and
I didn't ever implement it for what I believed were good reasons.
Hopefully someone who works with the code can help.
Btw, if you don't the locks visible to multiple clients concurrently, you can
just do your mounts with "nolockd" and avoid running it.
Or, you can switch to NFSv4, which does a reasonable job of implementing
locking.

I might take a look at the code, in case I can spot something obvious, but I
won't bet on it.

rick