Re: Ports still broken by ino64?

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:28:19 -0700
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com> wrote:

> I remember some ports on FreeBSD-current were rendered nonbuildable by the
> introduction of 64-bit inodes (ino64).
>
> What is the progress on resolving those snags?
>
> I haven't heard anything recently and was unable to find anything on
> wiki.freebsd.org.
>
> So how do I know the current status?
>
> I am particularly concerned with gcc5-aux and gcc6-aux which should be of
> concern because ports-mgmt/synth requires gcc6-aux as a dependency.
>
> There was never a BROKEN in any of these ports' Makefile.
>
> Tom

IIRC, there was no general issue with building ports, though a few may have
needed a fix. It was that packages built after the change were not
available and older binaries would not work. I believe that the issue went
away as soon as a new package build was completed. This took longer than
usual as ALL packages had to be re-built, not just those which had been
updated since the last build.
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com