Re: r319971 -> r320351: Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread'

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:03:22 +0200
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:48:58 +0200
Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:00:48 +0200
> "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:26:08 +0200
> > Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > > How recent was your last update?  Some changes were made just a few
> > > hours ago to fix a stack growth problem in threads.
> >
> > Well, what do you mean by "...  source is not up to date ..."?
> > Performing an svn update of /usr/src should suffice, shouldn't
> > it?  If not, then ...  please correct me.  I think the sources
> > are up to date as of the moment the bug occured.
> >
> > I consider the sources up to date, it is on the latest updated
> > box r320355.
> >

> You did not explicitly state in the orignal post at which SVN
> revison your code was.  Seems to me that my question was
> reasonable.
>
> Now it's clear that your source should have been up to date.
>
> Just for the record, I just booted a kernel from SVN r320357 which
> immediately resulted in a kernel panic.  I had to delete everything
> under /usr/obj/usr/src/sys to get a working kernel.

That has been made clear earlier in the thread, telling us that NO_CLEAN
and/or META_MODE leaves the object tree in a somehow unusable state. Id did so
twice this morning.

I have to build a kernel with KTRACE capabilities as requested herein, but can
perform this not before tomorrow morning.

Some people seem to report positive updates, but starting from a later svn
revision. So the problem seems to be transitional ...