Re: input/output error _at_boot

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 08:43:28 -0700
On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net> wrote:
> On 03/05/17 16:04, Roberto Rodriguez Jr wrote:
>> I installed the latest snapshot and when I checked out the latest Source
>> yesterday evening I rebuilt world and kernel installed kernel rebooted
>> installed World follow every step in the handbook and I continue to have an
>> input output error at boot time I can't attach a picture at the moment or
>> any text about the error cuz I cannot proceed after the boot screen under
>> UEFI.. I get a ? prompt
>
> I am unable to help you about this, I'm not an expert about UEFI, but
> anyone able to will need some more information.
>
> You should at least state make and model of your Mother board and CPU,
> kind of disks attached, type make and model of controller. If it is a
> branded box, make and model of the box could suffice.

If it is the UEFI Shell, which is possible, try typing 'FS0:' and see
if the prompt changes to FS0:\> or similar. Then cd boot and see if
there's an EFI subdir. cd to EFI subdir and see if there's any .efi
programs. There should at least be bootx64.efi if there's a loot
loader. If there is, you can type bootx64.efi. If not, then I'm not
sure what the ? is.

Warner