Re: make.conf

From: Roberto Fernández <roberfern_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 09:15:43 +0100
Good morning Roberto,

It depends which architecture are you currently using. Ideally the tests
should be run in each CPU type for each architecture and for each
combination of options in the make.conf, src.conf and src-env.conf. That
could last for ever. Feel free to test whatever you can. For instance,
prepare your machine to run FreeBSD HEAD.

I recommend to have ZFS in your hard drive and make snapshots before you
install the new kernel and/or world. Then reinstall everything and check if
it crash, this will be the "final user experience".
If you want to run it on a external device (for instance, in a raspberry 3)
you can prepare for each iteration a live USB live key to test if it breaks
and then check it the hardware was recognized.

In addition, you can run some benchmarks to test the performance of your
machine.

Was it helpful?

With kind regards,
Roberto Fernandez Cueto