Re: DHCP/network issues

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 15:20:13 +0100
Am Sat, 18 Mar 2017 09:45:31 -0400 (EDT)
AN <andy_at_neu.net> schrieb:

> Is anyone seeing network or DHCP issues with a recent update to
> 12-current?
>
> On new hardware
> Dual Core Celeron J1800 Bay Trail 2.4GHz, 2MB L2 Cache
> 2 Gigabit Ethernet Intel NIC ports
>
> I'm seeing the following issues:
>
> - install latest 12-current snapshot
> FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-amd64-20170316-r315413-memstick.img, try DHCP during
> install and it fails.  Setup networking manually and try to ping default gateway
> results in the response
> ping: sendto: Host is down

Yes. Since IFLIB has been introduced, Intel NICs seem to be suffering from not working
properly anymore. i217-LM, i350 and sibblings are affected for which I can speak because
we suffer the same problems here. Even if the NIC works, it dies after some time under
heavy I/O.