Re: Call for Testing: UEFI Changes

From: Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:23:56 -0400
As I said I would, I put the contents of /boot onto the FAT-formated EFI
partition.  This is suboptimal.  The default is to use "kernel.old" ...
etc  ... which cannot be done on a FAT partition... at least not with our
filesystem driver ...

... but with all of /boot on the EFI partition, simply starting loader.efi
works.