Re: Call for Testing: UEFI Changes

From: Kyle Evans <kevans_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 09:49:08 -0500
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 7:23 PM, Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> As I said I would, I put the contents of /boot onto the FAT-formated EFI
> partition.  This is suboptimal.  The default is to use "kernel.old" ... etc
> ... which cannot be done on a FAT partition... at least not with our
> filesystem driver ...
>
> ... but with all of /boot on the EFI partition, simply starting loader.efi
> works.

Hi,

Can you try a standard setup with the patch at [1] applied to your
boot1.efi? Standard setup being /boot/loader.efi in place and
boot1.efi copied over to your ESP.

I *think* this might help your situation, but I've no real idea. If I
know what I'm doing (which I don't), then this patch should (maybe?)
force your screen down into a lower resolution prior to drawing the
menu then reset it once more before it prints resolution information
and executes the kernel.

Maybe it'll fix it?

Thanks,

Kyle Evans