Re: CURRENT from today throws lots of ACPI errors, lost HDMI detection

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 21:06:28 -0700
On 8/14/18 9:01 PM, Kyle Evans wrote:

>>> I'm curious if you've been bitten somehow by recently enabling EFIRT
>>> in GENERIC. Can you try setting efi.rt.disabled=1 at loader prompt and
>>> see where that gets you?
>>
>> i did attempt to set that in loader.conf - and it progressed farther but
>> kernel panic'd when trying to bring up my iwn wireless interface.
>>
> Interesting... out of side curiosity, what does this panic look like?
> Can you also try running a kernel >= r337773 with kib's patch from [1]
> applied to make sure this the EFI part of this isn't already solved?

sure i can give that a spin.

>> i'm building an older version in an attempt to bisect this issue (i have a
>> skylake system running a checkout from monday without issues, so testing
>> that now).  if i am still running into problems i'll boot with
>> efi.rt.disabled=1 and will post the gdb panic string here.
>>
> Excellent.

so i have reverted back to this git hash:
90f37b39e4a

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commit/90f37b39e4ad481d3e5a059123f7d68ac153f0c5

and i can confirm that i am able to boot with EFI enabled, do not
experience any issues bringing up my iwn interface and HDMI is
recognized according to xrandr.  so that solves my immediate problem!
:)  interestingly enough i still see the ACPI errors I reported earlier,
but perhaps that is a red herring.

i'll go back to the tip of master and apply kib's patch and see how it goes.

-p

--
Pete Wright
pete_at_nomadlogic.org