Re: Sharing compiled builds between multiple 12-CURRENT boxes.

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 16:36:15 -0700
In message <20180818223420.rjisst4vuxzxbcrl_at_kazhap>, Dhananjay Balan
writes:
> Hi,
>
> I run 12-CURRENT on few machines, some more powerful that other (all
> of them x86_64, march varies).
>
> Is there is a way to avoid building CURRENT on all machines? Rather
> than building everywhere, can I just build it on the big server that I
> have and copy and update my laptop?

You can use NFS or rsync. Make sure the src and obj path names are
exactly the same on all thes servers. I used to use NFS until a year or
two ago when I started using different patches on different machines.
On occasion I've used rsync followed by a NO_CLEAN, WORLDFAST, KERNFAST
build on the target machine or simply installkernel and installworld.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>