Re: drm / drm2 removal in 12

From: blubee blubeeme <gurenchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 06:21:57 +0800
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 2:39 AM Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> wrote:

> blubee blubeeme <gurenchan_at_gmail.com> writes:
> > Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org> writes:
> > > Are you here to try to stir a conflict?  If so that is not
> > > appreciated.
> > Hans, you of all people should know that's not true.
>
> And yet here we are.
>
> You have made it perfectly clear that you are not interested in an
> honest discussion.  Your entire strategy is to wear people down until
> they either leave or agree with you just to shut you up.  Like Hans
> Petter says, it is not appreciated.
>
> You clearly believe that you know better than anyone else how this
> should be handled, so instead of telling us, I suggest you just go do
> it.  It only takes seconds to fork the FreeBSD mirror on Github, and a
> few minutes to clone it onto your machine.  We look forward to hearing
> from you again when you have everything working perfectly and seamlessly
> out of the box for everybody on any equipment.  I'm sure that Johannes,
> Niclas, Warner and others with a century of combined experience will be
> thrilled to see you succeed where they, by your account, have failed.
>
> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no

You seem to miss the point where the you avoid breaking the system for any
users not on the bleeding edge.

You technically adept guys can keep on hacking away, jumping through hoops
and building your stuff as you see fit.
Nobody will come take your steal your code away in the night. Feel free to
keep on working on it, until implementing it
doesn't break "old users" do the engineering work and improve your
implementation.

There are so many seemingly dead code projects around this linuxkpi stuff
that you guys just pump out code and abandon
inconsistent lack of documentation, lack of testing, it's just a huge mess.

Work on cleaning all that stuff up and bring something sensible to the
table, you cannot put onus on the core team to maintain
that mess going forward because you're not capable of doing it yourselves.