Re: The future of ZFS in FreeBSD

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 10:55:14 -0800
On 12/19/18 10:32 AM, Allan Jude wrote:

> The biggest thing to remember is that this is still OpenZFS, and still
> run by the same developers as it has been. We are just commonizing on
> the repo that has the most features integrated into it.

thanks for the clarification on this, as i was a bit confused as well. :)

One question - is there a plan to rename things to not be linux
specific, especially since it seems that this effort will result in the
original goal of the OpenZFS repro (if I am reading things correctly)?
Or is that not going to happen because ZoL has the most commercial backing?

It's probably a mute point - but I do take pride in the fact that
FreeBSD has had support ZFS for so long and has allowed me to do things
for my customers that I can't do on Linux...so I guess what I'm saying
is I hope we don't loose credit for the hard work we've put into getting
ZFS mainstream over the years :)

Thanks!
-pete

--