Re: CURRENT and HD3000: i915 failing badly

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 06:41:49 +0100
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 07:55:32 -0800
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com> wrote:

> My laptop, a 2012 vintage Acer with HD3000, has had no such issues under
> -CURRENT. Though the LCD started to display colored vertical lines last year;
> replacing it with a new LCD resolved it.
>
> Can you describe the problem further? Maybe a picture of the distortion you
> describe? What apps are you trying to run. Can you post dmesg, kldstat, and
> Xorg.0 outputs? What does your xorg.conf look like?
>
> ---
> Sent using a tiny phone keyboard.
> Apologies for any typos and autocorrect.
> Also, this old phone only supports top post. Apologies.
>
> Cy Schubert
> <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com> or <cy_at_freebsd.org>
> The need of the many outweighs the greed of the few.
> ---

Hello all.

First: big apologize.

Me stupid used a set of oldish and outdated FreeBSD boot images and I thought I
had the right ones at hand. They were 10.X and 11.1. Recent CURRENT as of 25th
January as well as most recent CURRENT compiled by myself works without
problems.

Kind regards

Oliver

p.s. Thanks for all the answers.