Re: update of graphics/drm-next-kmod to Linux 4.11 level for recent CURRENT and 11-STABLE

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 14:42:23 -0800
On 2/28/18 2:30 PM, Hadi Rezaee wrote:
> Hello Pete, sorry I’m on trip so i cannot output the logs in proper
> way. About i915 kernel module please refer to screen shot.
>
> I can confirm that i915 module is not getting loaded normaly at system
> startup, so kldstat shows nothing.
>
> Yes, the user is already in video group. (Generally didnt changed
> anything on system config, just updated pkg and this happend)

thanks for posting the screen shot - it looks like your kernel and world
may not be recent enough to load the kld.  i'd suggest pulling the
latest code from svn or git for 12-CURRENT then removing and
reinstalling the drm-next-kmod pkg after you have booted into this fresh
checkout.

that's the first thing that comes to my mind when seeing that your
kernel is unable to handle these modules.  you also may want to remove
the drm-next-kmod package and ensure there are no artifacts left behind
in /boot/modules/ that were installed via the pkg, then re-install from
the upstream pkg servers.

hope this helps,
-pete

--