Re: How to avoid building of all llvm/clang-related stuff on recent CURRENT?

From: Shane Ambler <FreeBSD_at_ShaneWare.Biz>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 14:35:24 +1030
On 30/01/2018 09:33, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2018, at 20:56, Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have these lines in my nanobsd config:
>>
>> WITHOUT_CROSS_COMPILER=yes
>> WITH_SYSTEM_COMPILER=yes
>> WITHOUT_CLANG=yes
>> WITHOUT_CLANG_EXTRAS=yes
>> WITHOUT_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP=yes
>> WITHOUT_BINUTILS=yes
>> WITHOUT_BINUTILS_BOOTSTRAP=yes
>> WITHOUT_ELFTOOLCHAIN=yes
>> WITHOUT_ELFTOOLCHAIN_TOOLS=yes
>> WITHOUT_ELFTOOLCHAIN_BOOTSTRAP=yes
>> WITHOUT_LLD=yes
>> XCC=/usr/bin/cc
>> XCXX=/usr/bin/c++
>> XCPP=/usr/bin/cpp
>> XAS=/usr/bin/as
>> XAR=/usr/bin/ar
>> XLD=/usr/bin/ld
>> XNM=/usr/bin/nm
>> XOBJDUMP=/usr/bin/objdump
>> XRANLIB=/usr/bin/ranlib
>> XSTRINGS=/usr/bin/strings
>> XSTRIPBIN=/usr/bin/strip
>> COMPILER_TYPE=clang
>>
>> And it worked some time ago. But now "buildworld" with these setting
>> build libllvm and other cross-tools anyway.
>>
>> Host and target are the same (amd64) and nanobsd sources are the same
>> as sources used to build host system.
>>
>> How to disable llvm & clang build completely?
>
> I think you also need WITHOUT_LLD_BOOTSTRAP now, if you are building for
> amd64 or aarch64.

You may also (soon) need WITHOUT_LLD_IS_LD, there are plans to enable
LLD by default.

Looking at man src.conf on current,

WITHOUT_CROSS_COMPILER enforces -
  WITHOUT_BINUTILS_BOOTSTRAP
  WITHOUT_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP
  WITHOUT_ELFTOOLCHAIN_BOOTSTRAP
  WITHOUT_GCC_BOOTSTRAP

I think WITHOUT_LLD_BOOTSTRAP might belong in that list.

There is also a WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN which enforces -
  WITHOUT_BINUTILS
  WITHOUT_CLANG
  WITHOUT_CLANG_EXTRAS
  WITHOUT_CLANG_FULL
  WITHOUT_GCC
  WITHOUT_GDB
  WITHOUT_INCLUDES
  WITHOUT_LLD
  WITHOUT_LLDB

which WITHOUT_LLD_IS_LD might also belong to, there is no mention of
other options enforcing it.

Shouldn't nanobsd disable these by default?

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler