Re: How to avoid building of all llvm/clang-related stuff on recent CURRENT?

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:12:11 +0300
On 30.01.2018 7:05, Shane Ambler wrote:

> You may also (soon) need WITHOUT_LLD_IS_LD, there are plans to enable
> LLD by default.
 I think, WITHOUT_LLD should be enough, together with WITHOUT_LLD_BOOTSTRAP.

> Looking at man src.conf on current,
>
> WITHOUT_CROSS_COMPILER enforces -
>   WITHOUT_BINUTILS_BOOTSTRAP
>   WITHOUT_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP
>   WITHOUT_ELFTOOLCHAIN_BOOTSTRAP
>   WITHOUT_GCC_BOOTSTRAP
>
> I think WITHOUT_LLD_BOOTSTRAP might belong in that list.
 Yess!

> There is also a WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN which enforces -
>   WITHOUT_BINUTILS
>   WITHOUT_CLANG
>   WITHOUT_CLANG_EXTRAS
>   WITHOUT_CLANG_FULL
>   WITHOUT_GCC
>   WITHOUT_GDB
>   WITHOUT_INCLUDES
>   WITHOUT_LLD
>   WITHOUT_LLDB
>
> which WITHOUT_LLD_IS_LD might also belong to, there is no mention of
> other options enforcing it.
 I don't remember now why I use WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN only at installworld
stageā€¦ There was a reason, but I don't remember it!

> Shouldn't nanobsd disable these by default?
 nanobsd doesn't disable anything by default, and, IMHO, it is right way
to go.

--
// Lev Serebryakov