Re: NFSv4.1 server deficiencies fixed for ESXi client

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 16:49:27 +0000
Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
[stuff snipped]
>Have you any contact with VMWare so that they might fix the issues
>in their code, rather than having to put hacks in FreeBSD for these
>issues?
Nope. I tried an email to nfsv4_at_ietf.org about one issue (that isn't yet resolved
related to it complaining that a directory changes too many times when stuff is
being deleted from it) in the hopes that someone that worked on the client
would respond, but no one made any technical comments on the post.

Andreas mentioned that his company might have some sort of maintenance
agreement so he could give them a bug report, but I don't think he's had any
opportunity to do that?

To be honest, I'm amazed it works with any NFSv4.1 server, but apparently it
does?

So if anyone can get the list of problems in the "ESXi NFSv4.1 client is nasty"
post to VMware's engineering people, it would be appreciated.

Thanks, rick