Current _at_ r335314 not bootable with Geli and ZFS

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:42:16 -0400
Something changed in /boot/gptzfsboot between r334610 and r335314.  I
built current this morning and my system is un-bootable.  I am using
redundant ZFS disks and only copied the updated /boot/gptzfsboot file to
my ada0 drive.  I was able to boot the ada1 drive that still had the
gptzfsboot file from r334610.

I had a similar issue a few months ago with the upgrades to the Geli +
ZFS booting process.  These were resolved and operation has been fine
since the last 'hick-up' in the testing process.  I might not be the
only person running the combination of Geli encryption and using a ZFS
filesystem, but it should not be that much uncommon setup that I am the
first to report the problem.

Let me know far back I need to revert my sources to identify the commit
that broke gptzfsboot.  My system goes into a continuous reboot loop
before presenting the password prompt.  It is very early in the startup
process.

Tom

--
Public Keys: