Re: pcm1:virtual:dsp1.vp0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:41:51 -0700
In message <764e2df5-613d-a131-5d7d-6df54599509b_at_gmail.com>, Theron
Tarigo writ
es:
> On 03/18/18 18:35, AN wrote:
> > Is there a way to restart the audio subsystem without rebooting the
> > machine?
> Building kernel with sound and snd_* as loadable modules should enable
> this to be accomplished with kldunload/kldload.  In my experience though
> all sound device files must be closed before unloading these modules to
> avoid some lockup issues.

The other thing you might want to check out is if you multiboot your
laptop that any non-FreeBSD operating system may put hardware into an
inconsistent state. For example, my Acer laptop loses sound if I boot
Windows then boot FreeBSD. The workaround is either adjust the HDA
inputs/outputs through sysctl or simply power cycle the laptop.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>