Re: UEFI: How to go about updating the ESP with loader.efi during installworld

From: Rebecca Cran <rebecca_at_bluestop.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 14:32:11 -0700
On Sunday, 4 November 2018 14:25:26 MST Allan Jude wrote:

> I wouldn't depend on the /etc/fstab entry existing. I am not sure I want
> installworld randomly fobbing around in my EFI partition. Especially if,
> for example, my EFI/BOOT is not FreeBSD, but rEFInd or something.

I tend to agree. I have work planned in the near future to teach FreeBSD that
EFI/BOOT may _not_ be FreeBSD and to play nice with other bootloaders, whether
that be reFIND, GRUB, Windows etc.

But yes, the big difference with this is there's much more code in loader.efi
than we currently put in the bootblocks with boot0cfg or "gpart bootcode" and
we might run into problems if we don't at least warn users that they'll need
to update it.

--
Rebecca