Re: ctm(1) deprecation in the FreeBSD base system?

From: Stefan Esser <se_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 11:46:32 +0100
Am 23.10.18 um 22:21 schrieb Warner Losh:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:13 PM Rodney W. Grimes>     At the most/least we should not go very far,
>     the only thing that needs done soon is a gonein(13) commited
>     to head and MFC'ed to stable/12 by thursday.
>
>     All the other details should wait until a depreication policy
>     revision is completed that includes how to deal with this.
>
> There's no reason at all to wait. We can create the port. We can create the
> github repo. We can move the history there. We won't  be removing it before we
> have a chance to socialize the removal and give people a chance to cut over.
> None of this requires a new policy. Everybody agrees we should do it. We
> shouldn't let some perceived policy get in the way of just moving forward.

I have created a review for the removal of CTM on phabricator:

	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D17935

The goal of this review is not to get approval for the removal within a few
days, but to have all relevant changes documented and open for review.

Since the removal affects ObsoleteFiles, there is some churn if another entry
is added before approval, but it is easy enough to deal with it ...

I'd still appreciate comments and a suggestion when to perform the removal.

I could add a gonein(13) now, to give further attention to the depreciation
of CTM, in the mean-time.

Regards, STefan