Re: No amdtemp sysctls, acpi errors, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

From: Conrad Meyer <cem_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 13:14:46 -0800
On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:04 PM Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> After kldload amdtemp I see the following sysctls:
> dev.cpu.0.temperature: 77.1C
> dev.amdtemp.0.core0.sensor0: 77.1C
>
> The temperature I see in BIOS is much lower (maybe around 40.0C). Don't
> know if just the offset is wrong or the numbers are completely bogus.
>
> Numbers from sysutils/xmbmon look saner but not sure if they are correct.

You can adjust dev.amdtemp.N.sensor_offset as needed.  By default, the
amdtemp sysctl gives you the unadjusted value.  On different Ryzen
models the raw value is wrong by different amounts.  E.g. on my 1950X,
I have sensor_offset set to "-27" to show correct temperature
readings.

See this link for a table of offset values for various Ryzen models:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-7-2700-review,7.html

Take care,
Conrad