Re: UEFI GOP: screen goes blank during boot after loader is finished

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:44:27 -0800 (PST)
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 5:15 PM Subbsd <subbsd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 7:22 PM Rodney W. Grimes
> > <freebsd-rwg_at_pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Uh oh, ok, thats not what I was thinking of then.  I do not have any
> > > bhyve capable hardware running on 12BETA at this time to test with.
> > >
> > > I wonder if we have a bad interaction between the loader and
> > > bhyve again, we have had a few of those.
> > >

> > it's broken before 12-ALPHA1, my post from 14-Sep to current_at_
> >
> > https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2018-September/071206.html
> >
> > probably the lua loader doesn't understand efifb/term very well
>
> These things are basically completely unrelated- the interpreter
> included in loader(8) doesn't have to know anything about graphics and
> this stuff is handled before and after the interpreter is invoked.
>
> However, because loader-land is funny in a not-ha-ha kind of way, can
> you try replacing loader.efi on your guest VM with the Forth-flavored
> version to rule that out or narrow it down, please?
>
> Thanks,

Am I miss remebering or didn't we solve a similiar problem
earlier in the release cycle?   Perhaps that was with non
GOP console only.

Either way, we need to make sure this is resolved.  Sad state is
I do not have any access until after the holiday most likely to
any hardware that I can use to work on this problem.

Please keep me in the loop though, I am reading emails each morning,
and as times allow during the day.

Thanks,
--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org