Re: UEFI GOP: screen goes blank during boot after loader is finished

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:52:11 -0800 (PST)
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 3:49 PM Kyle Evans <kevans_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Good, good, so the loader <-> kernel transition would appear to be
> > intact and information appears good at first blush. If you don't have
> > time to dig into this, I'll try poking at it this weekend, but it
> > looks to be either kernel problem or VNC server.
>
> FreeBSD 11.{1,2} and various Linux distros boot fine with UEFI GOP in
> the same time, the problem is only with FreeBSD 12-ALPHA+.
> Therefore it does not look like VNC server issue.

Lets make sure this is not the invalid instruction trap (CLFLUSH)
that has already been fixed by BETA3.  Is everyone infact using
BETA3 or later as a guest?   We know of and have fixed this other
bug and I want to make sure we are not chassing a red hearing.

Thanks,
--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org