Re: linux-c7 and opengl apps?

From: Greg V <greg_at_unrelenting.technology>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 18:47:01 +0300
On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Johannes Lundberg <johalun0_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> Have anyone successfully run opengl apps with linux-c7?
>
> Linux opengl apps works great with linux-c6 on gpu < kabylake but
> linux-c6-dri does not include support for kabylake gpus.
> Linux glxinfo in c7 show support for hardware rendering on kabylake
> but any
> attempt to run an opengl app results in application seg fault or other
> crash (I believe this is also the case with skylake gpus on linux-c7).

On AMD Polaris: everything used to work in an ubuntu 16.04 chroot
(currently having "can't open display :0" with that, probably
forgetting something).

Trying Unigine Heaven with c7, segfaults right now. glxinfo shows
everything correctly though.

> Is there any way to run gdb on linux apps/core dumps?

There was a BSDCan talk that mentioned some gdb solutions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N3NrPeCJpk
https://www.bsdcan.org/2018/schedule/attachments/473_linuxulator-notes-bsdcan2018.txt