Re: linux-c7 and opengl apps?

From: blubee blubeeme <gurenchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 02:09:53 +0800
On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 11:50 PM Greg V <greg_at_unrelenting.technology> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Johannes Lundberg <johalun0_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Have anyone successfully run opengl apps with linux-c7?
> >
> > Linux opengl apps works great with linux-c6 on gpu < kabylake but
> > linux-c6-dri does not include support for kabylake gpus.
> > Linux glxinfo in c7 show support for hardware rendering on kabylake
> > but any
> > attempt to run an opengl app results in application seg fault or other
> > crash (I believe this is also the case with skylake gpus on linux-c7).
>
> On AMD Polaris: everything used to work in an ubuntu 16.04 chroot
> (currently having "can't open display :0" with that, probably
> forgetting something).
>
> Trying Unigine Heaven with c7, segfaults right now. glxinfo shows
> everything correctly though.
>
> > Is there any way to run gdb on linux apps/core dumps?
>
> There was a BSDCan talk that mentioned some gdb solutions:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N3NrPeCJpk
>
> https://www.bsdcan.org/2018/schedule/attachments/473_linuxulator-notes-bsdcan2018.txt

In the video, you guys run into issues w/ debugging core dumps. While this
doesn't make any sense, you guys are free to write your own Linux core dump
disassembler.

Core dumps are created this way:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/fs/binfmt_elf.c#L97

The elf format is documented online. Once that's done you have all the
registers, heap, stack, data and you can play from there.

Writing a disassembler should be childs play, shouldn't it?

Best