Re: Radeon HD 7570M: drm: deep frustration with r339186

From: Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 08:11:43 +0100
On 06/10/2018 06:14, Graham Perrin wrote:

> … My sense of things earlier this morning:
>
> - without a load of radeonkms.ko it is impossible to get a (visible, multi-user) command line
>
> – and so, it's impossible to proceed to manually load any additional module.

A subsequent test result was thought-provoking.

With lines in rc.conf commented out – to neither auto-load radeonkms.ko nor auto-start sddm – I got:

- a command line that _was_ visible, but illegible (torn)

So I _blindly_ keyed:

Alt-F2
root
(password)
kldload radeonkms.ko
Return

Then I _might_ have got a successful suspend and resume, but there was a show-stopper: sddm with the manually loaded radeonkms.ko was unusable.

----

The result of:

service sddm onestart