Re: r339289 buildworld stopped in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 07:30:39 +0200
Glen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org> writes:
> Justin Hibbits <chmeeedalf_at_gmail.com> writes:
> > Seems r339303 is the cuplrit.  Reverting this gets my build completing.
> Justin, thanks for identifying the commit in question.  DES, can you
> take a look at this?

It's a bit complicated because there are two separate issues here.

Alex, Julian and others are seeing linker failures in libcrypto, long
before libldns.  I have the exact same issue on i386 but not amd64; I
haven't been able to build world on i386 since openssl111 was merged to
head, before any of my LDNS and Unbound commits.  I assumed that it was
a local problem, but now several people are seeing the same thing.

Justin is seeing a linker failure in libldns which is probably related
to my commit, but which I am unable to reproduce.  I hope that r339325
will fix it.  The question is, why did it break everything *but* amd64?

I think a build system expert is needed here.

(and libldns probably needs a version bump, but that won't affect this)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no