Re: Current status of Ryzen (non-)support

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 23:23:32 -0400
Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 22, 2018, at 6:00 PM, Hannes Hauswedell <h2+lists2018_at_fsfe.org> wrote:
>
>> On 21.10.18 19:33, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
>>> On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 06:09:50PM +0200, Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I wanted to ask what the current status of Ryzen support is and/or
>>> whether any new changes are planned.
>>>
>>> My situation:
>>> * second generation Ryzen: 2600X
>>> * running -CURRENT
>>> * I have done the things described here:
>>> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2018-June/069799.html
>> This was based on the public errata document for the first gen ryzen.
>> I am not aware of the erratas ('revision guides' in AMD terminology)
>> for the second gen ryzens.

Coming in a little late on this thread, just upgraded my 10 year old system to an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G.  I noticed that the link below, and alluded to in the above pipermail link, does mention the 2nd gen Ryzen processors.  Apologies if I misunderstood the above response.

https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/55449_1.12.pdf

Also, my cpuid (Id=0x810f10  Family=0x17  Model=0x11) isn't mentioned in the above errata, so I guess it's not quite up to date for more recent 2nd gen Ryzen, even though the 2400G was released months before the dated errata.

I've not applied any of the sysctls mentioned in the above email, but have updated my BIOS to the latest (ASUS X470-PRO).  I've not experienced any problems in several j8 buildworlds or poudriere runs (building roughly 1000 ports).

--
DE