Re: Enabling the WITH_REPRODUCIBLE_BUILD knob for 12.0-REL

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:08:22 -0400
On 10 September 2018 at 14:52, Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> I brought this up on -arch in 2015...

That said, the kgdb -n issue was brought up in the old thread and it
seems I did forget about it. I don't think we should cater too much to
the needs of the deprecated in-tree kgdb, but we should make sure that
this works with kgdb from the port. There are now standardized ways to
specify this information that we should migrate to, rather than the
current approach.

Note that here I'm really only interested in what we do for FreeBSD
binary releases, and the path for kgdb -n etc. isn't really relevant
in this case. Src tree defaults are in scope only because release
settings and src tree defaults are coupled.