Re: CFT: FreeBSD Package Base

From: Goran Mekić <meka_at_tilda.center>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:43:29 +0200
On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 09:25:05AM -0400, Kris Moore wrote:
> We've written our own tool "sysutils/sysup" in GO which handles this. It
> performs updates using Boot-Environments to ensure that kernel/world are
> updated at same time.

If I'm right, UFS doesn't support boot environments, so how would it
work for UFS based installs?

I personally feel GO is a bit ackward choice of language for something
that practically should be part of base. At least I would expect OS
update/upgrade not to require any external package.

Regards,
meka