Re: 13.0 Current - r350702 exposed a Xorg failure

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 19:49:49 -0700
On 8/9/19 8:56 PM, Clay Daniels Jr. wrote:
> I was eager to load the new 13.0 Current snapshot yesterday as I wanted to
> play with the new FUSE tools. I was running 13.0 Current r350491 from last
> week and everything was going great. So last night, a little late I guess,
> I wiped the older install and loaded r250702. Then I loaded Xorg, all 172
> packages, and loaded the drm-kmod video driver kernel modules, and then ran
> startx (as user of course). I got errors & it was late so today I looked
> closer. It said:
> "xauth: file .serverauth.1039 does not exist"
>
> Well, this file is apparently something created automatically. I played
> with the half-running install for a long time. It ran fine in console mode.
> Then I the wiped it and reloaded the same newer r350702. No Go.
>
> Wiped the new r350702 and reloaded the older r350491 that was working just
> fine last night. Same Problem....serverauth.xxx
>
> Now, I do know that the drm-kmod was the same (g20190710) that had worked
> for me at least two times already. I do not know if the Xorg pkg is the
> same. I couldn't find a date other than "latest". I'm writing this email
> from my Linux partition.
first thing that comes to mind, did you make sure to add your user to
the "video" group?  this doesn't sound related though...this does sound
like a local configuration issue.  iirc when i ran into this problem in
the past it was due to permissions, either a .serverauth file owned by
root or a UID that no longer exists.

-p

--
Pete Wright