Re: Installing drm-current-kmod from ports

From: Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:06:49 +0200
On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 15:59:34 -0500
"Clay Daniels Jr." <clay.daniels.jr_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I intend to buy buy a new computer, and it will be in a tower
> case that you can easily get into, maybe with a clear glass or
> plastic side.  I like to see the lights blink.  And I have my
> heart set on a Threadripper...

If you do decide to buy a Threadripper then you'll very probably
also have to buy a graphics card.

I have a first-generation AMD Ryzen 5 3200 and I bought a low-end
GeForce GTX 750 which works extremely well with the
/usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver.  This card meets all my needs.

The NVIDIA driver isn't open-source, but hey, it works out of the box.

--
Gary Jennejohn