Re: HELP: UEFI/ZFS Boot failure: Ignoring Boot000A: Only one DP found

From: O. Hartmann <o.hartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 20:21:49 -0000

Am Wed, 21 Aug 2019 22:34:21 +0300
Toomas Soome <tsoome_at_me.com> schrieb:

> > On 21 Aug 2019, at 22:30, O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org> wrote:

> > Am Wed, 21 Aug 2019 22:14:46 +0300
> > Toomas Soome <tsoome_at_me.com <mailto:tsoome_at_me.com>> schrieb:
> >
> >> If you drop into efi shell, can you start efi/boot/bootx64.efi manually? you should have
> >> fs0: or like for ESP.
> >>
> >> rgds,
> >> toomas
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I can't even stop to gain access to the shell; there is no timeframe to hit any key to
> > stop by and access the efi shell.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > oh
>

> hm? efi shell should be available from boot device menu, so you mean, you can not even get
> into firmware setup?
>
> rgds,
> toomas

Sorry,
I confused loader prompt and EFI shell.

I do not have a EFI shell on that type of laptop, not to know about it. I can access the
firmware setup and already performed a reset and switched back to default settings. No effect.

I just downloaded the newest CURRENT mem stick and extracted both boot1.efi and loader.efi and
installed those into the ESP as described, setting the efibootmgr env accordingly. Still the
same error.

It seems that there is indeed no EFI/UEFI shell. There are Lenovo specific EFI boot options,
like "diagnostics" and so on, if selected, the UEFI boots into a firmware embedded diagnostic
menu. I tried several from the list given via efibootmgr show -v, but there is no shell from
which I could access/boot an alternative loader.

How I'm supposed to achive the access to this EFI shell? I doubt that on the E540 (beware of
the E, it is not a L or T model) does have such a shell.

Regards,
oh