Re: What is evdev and autoloading?

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 09:35:26 -0700
On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 3:52 PM Steve Kargl <
sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> Anyone have insight into what evdev is?  There appears to
> be no manual page.  When I reboot a system with custom
> kernel, the system is autoloading evdev.ko, uhid.ko, and
> wmt.ko.  I do not need nor what these modules loaded.
> How does one prevent this autoloading?

Hi Steve,

This thread has taken a weird turn, so I went back to the original post.

When do these things get loaded? Is it when you start up X11? Or is it
being brought in by devmatch? If it is being brought in by x11, there's
likely an x11 config that you'll need to avoid them (but that will reduce
functionality). If it is devmatch, then you can add them to the black list
and have them not load them.

Warner