Re: What is evdev and autoloading?

From: Johannes Lundberg <johalun0_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:34:21 +0000
On 2/19/19 12:37 AM, Warner Losh wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:50 AM Steve Kargl <
> sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 09:11:14AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
>>> You do know these constant complaints about people trying to make things
>>> better is demoralizing and counter productive.
>>>
>> You do realize some of the emails are from frustrated users
>> who are trying to make FreeBSD (see for example libm).
>>
> Yes. I get that. My frustration isn't with you, or your questions. I get
> why you want to run -current. I'm sorry it's being painful for you.
> Sometimes, -current is like that.

When this happens, there's always vesa and scfb (software rendering) to
fall back to so your machine won't be rendered useless. Not saying this
should be the norm, but good to know so that your work get minimal
interruption. Alternatively, run experimental kernels/worlds in bhyve
(what I tend to do when I want everything accessible on the same local
machine).