Re: UEFI, loader.efi and /boot.config

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:08:43 +0300
On 18.01.2019 5:31, Rebecca Cran wrote:

> I was wondering if people will expect /boot.config to still be read and so code should be added to loader to continue to parse it, or if loader.conf can be considered the correct place and boot.config forgotten about?
 Please, not, please support /boot.config. loader.conf could be too late
in case of serial consoles.

 I wonder, why EFI/UEFI and GPt booting (which should be more advanced)
is more limited than classic MBR/boot0 + boot1 + loader scheme :-(

 Serial console support is worse. Selection of boot partition is not
supported (as opposide to very-simple-516-bytes boot0!), and so on :-(

--
// Lev Serebryakov