Re: UEFI boot broken in 13?

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 19:25:45 -0700 (PDT)
> Hi
>
> I'm using poudriere-image to create usb memstick images. The images are
> identical except OS version. They are tested on a laptop with 13-CURRENT
> installed as only OS, having UEFI boot and root on zfs.
>
> 12-STABLE memstick boots fine with in UEFI mode.
Does it actually boot via a UEFI, or did UEFI fall back to CSM
and do a legacy boot?

What does "sysctl machdep.bootmethod" say?
machdep.bootmethod: BIOS

> With 13-CURRENT memstick it boots the installed FreeBSD from the SSD
> instead (I choose USB UEFI OS in boot menu but it silently boots from
> the SSD instead). If I switch to legacy boot, the memstick image boots fine.
>
> Any ideas?

The .iso building was updated to create hybrid boot images some
time back, these .iso images should be usable as boot .iso on a
cd/dvd and as memstick images.  I would encourage there use over
the memstick images, as there is a plan to remove them once we
get better experience with the hybrid .iso.

It is also possible that something has munged the boot in head.
Have you tried a downloaed ^/head snapshot from the last week,
as it could also be your build system that is not producing
a proper boot image?

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org