UEFI firmware and getting FreeBSD recognized by default: who to talk to?

From: Rebecca Cran <rebecca_at_bluestop.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 12:34:02 -0600
I just upgraded my UEFI system firmware, and not unexpectedly lost the
"FreeBSD" boot manager entry after the settings got reset to default. I
was left with "Windows", "opensuse" and two "UEFI OS" entries.

The "opensuse-secureboot" entry wasn't automatically recreated, but
since the "opensuse" entry uses the shim
(https://github.com/rhboot/shim) it will be created when I boot "opensuse".

I'm wondering if anyone knows who we should talk to in order to get
\EFI\FreeBSD\loader.efi recognized by firmware as something to be added
as a boot option by default? I plan to import the shim into the tree
sometime so that we too can automatically recreate boot manager entries
if they're deleted.

--
Rebecca Cran