Re: UEFI firmware and getting FreeBSD recognized by default: who to talk to?

From: Kamila Součková <kamisouckova_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:47:01 +0200
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 09:41 Thomas Mueller, <mueller6722_at_twc.com> wrote:

> Can rEFInd find and boot FreeBSD, NetBSD, Haiku, etc?
>
> I don't see any refind, however partially capitalized, in FreeBSD base
> system or ports, or NetBSD base system or pkgsrc.  I find efibootmgr now in
> FreeBSD, but not NetBSD, base system.
>
> I would want to label boot options with the partition label.

rEFInd auto-detects FreeBSD and a bunch of other systems, can set custom
labels, and generally works well. It is not in ports (and it wouldn't make
much sense to have it as a port), you need to install it manually according
to the procedure on its website (no link, as I'm on phone, but search
engines find it).

Best,
Kamila