Core: Yes please, Code of Conduct committee: No Thanks.

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 16:23:13 +0200
FreeBSD Core Team Secretary wrote:
> The FreeBSD Core Team is aware of recent controversial statements made
> on social media by a FreeBSD developer.  We, along with the Code of
> Conduct review committee, are investigating the matter and will decide
> what action to take.  Both the Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation
> would like to make it clear that views shared by individuals represent
> neither the Project nor the Foundation.

Core_at_ statements always welcome.

But Code of Conduct committee merit no automatic credence since:

  Code of Conduct aims were cloned from an ultra feminist group of
  non FreeBSD members, part paid by foundation, then shoved on
  FreeBSD before discussion, by a voluble few in FreeBSD

  The new CoC terms were hotly disputed. core_at_ failed to remove it
  before many tuned out, despairing of the politics [& lack of core_at_
  backbone, probably themselves scared of being labeled anti-whatever],

  New CoC putch-ists took seats on CoC

FreeBSD had a CoC before the putch with the new feminist etc CoC.
	https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
CoC could be replaced with the old one from SVN, or from
	https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich Aachen Kent
 http://stolenvotes.uk  Brexit ref. stole votes from 700,000 Brits in EU.