Re: FreeBSD Core Team Response to Controversial Social Media Posts

From: <v_at_researchbsd.org>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 07:41:04 -0400
On Sun, May 12, 2019, at 7:50 PM, Sulev-Madis Silber wrote:
> On Friday, May 10, 2019, FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <
> core-secretary_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > The FreeBSD Core Team is aware of recent controversial statements made
> > on social media by a FreeBSD developer.  We, along with the Code of
> > Conduct review committee, are investigating the matter and will decide
> > what action to take.  Both the Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation
> > would like to make it clear that views shared by individuals represent
> > neither the Project nor the Foundation.
> >
> > --
> > FreeBSD Core Team
> >

> is this a political party?! i thought it was developer team of certain
> specific area server operating system?
>
> first, i would like to know if this is a joke? because it must be! then, if
> it's not, what has said and by who?

FreeBSD Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation can claim injury to reputation. We are waiting to see if they claim injury.

“Tort: a wrongful act, other than breach of contract, that results in injury to another party’s person, property, dignity, or reputation, and which is recognized by statue or common law as a legitimate basis for liability.” (2014, July 30). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6smN3lcnY

Vester