Re: FreeBSD Core Team Response to Controversial Social Media Posts

From: Sulev-Madis Silber <madis555_at_hot.ee>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 13:49:32 +0300
On Friday, May 10, 2019, FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <
core-secretary_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> The FreeBSD Core Team is aware of recent controversial statements made
> on social media by a FreeBSD developer.  We, along with the Code of
> Conduct review committee, are investigating the matter and will decide
> what action to take.  Both the Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation
> would like to make it clear that views shared by individuals represent
> neither the Project nor the Foundation.
>
> --
> FreeBSD Core Team

is this a political party?! i thought it was developer team of certain
specific area server operating system?

first, i would like to know if this is a joke? because it must be! then, if
it's not, what has said and by who?

was it like "i hate women" or "i don't recommend fbsd for this purpose"?

anyway, i'm not surprised if developers act strange on *social* media, as
they often behave what would be called inappropriate at best... that's why
they write code and don't sing on eurovision song contest, become elected
as president of the united states, or play on the newest marvel action
movie as a lead actor...
i know this, as i often act bad... sometimes i tell people which kind
mental disorders i have been diagnosed with ("only" asperger's syndrome, if
you're curious) as i often have problems of not understanding certain
social rules, which can't be fixed in any way, doesn't matter if people
insult me on how i did it again and how come i can't ever learn... sorry, i
really can't! each time it's surprise to me what happened...

i've used fbsd since v4.6, and despite having written some code already, i
don't really see myself becoming something like "official developer" if it
gives me this "extra butt" i could be kicked into if needed

also, if hans reiser in one day comes and wants to do something, do we turn
him down with like "sorry, you can't write code here, you killed your
wife"? really?

i think freebsd has enough purely technical disagreements that we don't
really need anything ELSE into this mix (like, what did the dev tweet last
 night)