Re: FreeBSD Core Team Response to Controversial Social Media Posts

From: Greg V <greg_at_unrelenting.technology>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 12:56:26 +0300
On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 03:16, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz>
wrote:
> FreeBSD Core Team Secretary wrote on 2019/05/10 03:24:
>> The FreeBSD Core Team is aware of recent controversial statements
>> made
>> on social media by a FreeBSD developer.  We, along with the Code of
>> Conduct review committee, are investigating the matter and will
>> decide
>> what action to take.  Both the Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation
>> would like to make it clear that views shared by individuals
>> represent
>> neither the Project nor the Foundation.
>

> This is incredibly stupid and I am really sad to read things like
> this in the mailinglist of my favourite operating system (again).
> What will be next? Checking if developers do not smoke weed, drink
> alcohol or have sex without condom?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Speaking freely does not mean you are entitled to having your speech
published by any forum or mailing list. Having rules and enforcing them
is good, every project has the right to enforce their rules in their
spaces.

The only problem here is that the "report" was posted by a known troll,
so hopefully the outcome of the investigation is

a) nothing, and

b) mail from known anonymous email domains no longer gets accepted into
mailing lists.