Re: FreeBSD Core Team Response to Controversial Social Media Posts

From: Igor Mozolevsky <igor_at_hybrid-lab.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 09:45:47 +0100
On Sat, 18 May 2019 at 00:10, <v_at_researchbsd.org> wrote:

> Igor et al,
>
> Instead of debating definitions of hate speech, free speech, and trying to discover intent, I suggest we focus on right relationships.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A14THPoc4-4

This is a typical example of reframing a problem in one side's
favourable terms. Freedom of expression is a fundamental freedom as
recognised by the United Nations, and is guaranteed by the highest
courts of any civilised society. Attacking one's freedom of expression
under whatever auspices makes one an EXCEPTIONALLY terrible person
that should go and re-thing their life purpose! End of discussion.

--
Igor M.