Re: Booting anything after r352057 kills console

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:51:44 -0400
On 2019-09-24 15:09, Ian Lepore wrote:

> On my system, a whole lotta stuff happens between ntpd and syscons (the
> thing that configures blanktime).  Try setting rc_debug=YES in rc.conf,
> that should write more info to syslog about what's happening between
> ntpd and the lockup point.

Ian:

I was able to mount my zfs filesystem r+w and added the rc_debug="YES"
to my rc.conf.  The additional debug messages were written to the beadm
boot environment /var/log/messages.  Since the computer locked up, I was
unable to read this log and email the results.  That log is inaccessible
to a running beadm snapshot, so I gave up on this quest.  I blew away my
source and object files and did a fresh checkout of HEAD today.
Everything built fine and I was able to boot r352710 today.

Thank you and the rest of this list for the help along the way.  I guess
that this is just one of those computer mysteries that won't get solved
at thus time.

Tom

--
Public Keys: