Re: Working on Zoom port

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 16:38:36 +0200
El día lunes, abril 13, 2020 a las 09:06:06a. m. +0300, Alexandr Krivulya escribió:

> 13.04.20 04:58, Rodney W. Grimes пишет:
> >> All,
> >>
> >> Given how Zoom is getting used a lot more these days, I've started
> >> working on a port that installs the Zoom linux client.
> >>
> >> Here is a link to my github if anyone wants to help:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/emc2/freebsd-ports/tree/zoom
> >>

> >> I'm not done yet.  The zoom linux client installs a bunch of Qt
> >> libraries in its own directory.  These either need to be installed with
> >> a port, or else the right configs need to be set to search for libraries
> >> there.
> >>
> >> I'm going to take a break, but I'm going to circle back to this.
> >>
> > You are aware of the rather large pile of recent security issues
> > surronding zoom I hope.
>
> Yes, you right. But a lot of people (as me) use it for non-confidential
> or educational purposes. So working zoom client is very important for me
> for example.
> I'm not a developer, but can test your port, Eric. Thank you!

Hello,

Please, can some kind soul enlighten me a bit how this (zooom.us) works
from a technical point of view. The background of my question, and I've
never used zoom before, is that my son receives via mail MS OutLook
invitations (due to the closing of his misuc shool for Corona virus) and
if I open them on my Windows business laptop, it downloads
for every new session some piece(s) of software, which is then executed
and establishes an audio/video session with his teacher.

How this works exactly a how this is supposed to work on FreeBSD?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru_at_unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045