Re: Working on Zoom port

From: Alexandr Krivulya <shuriku_at_shurik.kiev.ua>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:32:31 +0300
13.04.20 17:38, Matthias Apitz пишет:

>>> You are aware of the rather large pile of recent security issues
>>> surronding zoom I hope.
>> Yes, you right. But a lot of people (as me) use it for non-confidential
>> or educational purposes. So working zoom client is very important for me
>> for example.
>> I'm not a developer, but can test your port, Eric. Thank you!
> Hello,
>
> Please, can some kind soul enlighten me a bit how this (zooom.us) works
> from a technical point of view. The background of my question, and I've
> never used zoom before, is that my son receives via mail MS OutLook
> invitations (due to the closing of his misuc shool for Corona virus) and
> if I open them on my Windows business laptop, it downloads
> for every new session some piece(s) of software, which is then executed
> and establishes an audio/video session with his teacher.
>
> How this works exactly a how this is supposed to work on FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks
>
> 	matthias

Hello!
All of you need - a conference ID and probably password. Now you can
participate in conference by pressing Join button in zoom client and
providing this ID and/or password. Conference ID is part of your url
after '/j/' - for example conference url is
https://zoom.us/j/111222333?pwd=ejhxhshyocdyaszT9 and conference ID is
111222333. BTW, you can join conference via web-client from browser by
url https://zoom.us/wc/join/YOUR-CONFERENCE-ID, but with firefox prior
version 77 (nightly) without audio and with chromium without webcam
(FreeBSD only, also audio and screen sharing works).