DRM Project report (week of August 10)

From: Emmanuel Vadot <manu_at_bidouilliste.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 10:46:08 +0200
 Hello,

 5.4 was finilly reached !
 For AMD users it means that Navi12/14, Arctarus and Renoir should work.
 For Intel users it means that TigerLake should work too.

 No ports update for now as I want to give current users a bit of time
to update their base (as the ports needs recent addition to
base linuxkpi) but if you have a current >= 364233 you can test
directly the master branch of https://github.com/freebsd/drm-kmod/

 I plan to commit the port update at the end of the week, and probably
at the end of the month we will switch drm-current-kmod to 5.4.

 It's now time to do 2 main things :
 - Update stable/12 so it have all the needed code to run 5.4
 - Remove the remaining GPLv2 code to start thinking of import into
base.

 I'll also start producing some usb image so people could test latest
current with 5.4 on their machine and starts reporting bug soon (this
is needed for making 5.4 default on 13-CURRENT and later 12.2).

 All this work is under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu_at_bidouilliste.com>